The Canadian government has always welcomed those who will be a great asset to Canada as investors and entrepreneurs. There are a few Canada investor immigration options available for these individuals through business immigration!
Why Canada is a Great Place to Start a Business!
- Strong economic growth: Canada is rated the best country in the G-20 with which to do business. Canada has the strongest fiscal position in the G-7 and among the best fiscal prospects in the G-20
- Low taxes and low business costs: Canada offers a low-cost and low-tax environment so your business can thrive
- Excellence in research and innovation: Canada offers a winning environment for research and innovation, including world-leading research and development infrastructure, scientific talent and innovation incentives
- Top quality of life: Canada’s top quality of life provides a great backdrop for the success of individuals, families and globally engaged companies
Start-Up Visa Program
When looking to immigrate to Canada as an investor, the best option available is to apply for the general Start-up Visa Program. You will have to meet certain requirements for your application to be successful by being innovative, creating jobs for Canadians and being able to compete internationally.
Requirements for Investors
To qualify for the Start-up Visa, applicants must:
- Have a qualifying business
- Demonstrate intermediate knowledge in both English and French (CBL5)
- Get a letter of support from a designated institution (Receive a minimum funding commitment of $200,000 CDN from a designated Venture Capital Organization, $75,000 from an approved Angel Investor, or Business Incubator)
- Bring enough money to settle in Canada
Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs)
There are several investment avenues through PNP programs across Canada:
- Requirements: $600,000 CAD net worth, 3 years experience being a business owner/manager, invest $200,000 & create at least 1 full time job for Canadian citizens or PR.
Entrepreneur Regional Pilot
- Requirements: $100,000 investment, personal net worth of $300,000, have minimum 51% ownership & create 1 full time job in the local community.
- Criteria: The business must be located in a community in BC with a population less than 75,000
Learn more about the British Columbia PNP Business Programs
*All of the successful PNP program applicants will get a work permit and will need to invest the monetary amount above within 1-2 years. Once job creation is completed then the applicant can apply for PR*
Have Questions About the Canadian Investor Programs?
There are many investor programs that allow foreign natioanls to immigrate to Canada. Each program has specific requirements and eligibility measures. Visit our page on the Frequently Asked Questions about Canadian Investor Programs.
Federal Investor Visa Program and Entrepreneur Program (Permanently Closed)
The Federal Immigrant Investor Program and Entrepreneur Programs has been cancelled. On June 19, 2014, this immigration program has ended and all applications that were left in the backlog have also been terminated.
Why Seeking Professional Immigration Help is Essential
Obtaining Canadian immigration under the “Business Class” through investing has its advantages. If you apply, you will not necessarily require a working level of English or French nor have to meet stringent educational requirements.
Also in some cases, as a business immigrant, your permanent residence status in Canada will be unconditional, meaning that you do not have to meet harsh terms and conditions requiring you to actively manage a business in order to maintain your status. However, to take advantage of these opportunities, you must know how to properly represent yourself when applying. This is best achieved with the help of a legal expert who has experience with each businessperson”s unique situation.
Why Hire Us to Help with Your Investor/Entrepreneur Immigration Application?
Canada is rich with opportunity for investors, and it can be a great place for you to realize your potential. The Canadian market is thriving thanks, in large part, to foreign businesses, and you too can count yourself among them, but only through the proper immigration channels. We have helped thousands of business owners and investors successfully immigrate to Canada. Our experienced immigration lawyers will be able to assess your case and recommend a course of action to best serve your needs.